The Android marketplace is home to a vast number of applications and a diverse community of developers. With video streaming fast becoming one of the most bankable online content consumption models, developers are scrambling to come up with the smartest streaming apps, useful content broadcasting platforms, and apps that make streaming so much easier and fun.
YouTube Vanced Apk for Android and iOS is an alternative version of the YouTube app, that lets users stream unlimited videos in the background and repeat them if they want to, all in an interface that’s familiar and easy to use.
- 1 YouTube Vanced APK File Information:
- 2 Features of YouTube Vanced
- 3 Recent changes to the app
- 4 How to get YouTube Vanced on your phone?
- 4.1 Users with rooted devices can follow these steps
- 4.2 For non-rooted devices, users can do the following
- 4.3 Xiaomi users have many options to choose from
- 4.4 FAQs
YouTube Vanced APK File Information:
|App name||YouTube Vanced Apk|
Equipped with a lot of the features that YouTube sadly lacks, the app comes with several perks that include built-in ad blockers and a dark theme. The ad-blockers help to prevent third-party sites from tracking your phone and activity, and the app is also tweaked to provide enhanced security and performance. The app is now available in a newly updated version (v15.05.54) and is chockfull of several new features.
If you are looking at a video streaming app that not only allows background playback but also ensures battery and phone optimization, it looks no further than YouTube Vanced Apk.
Features of YouTube Vanced
Some essential functions of the app include built-in adblockers, black/dark themes that can be toggled on or off, and an option that lets you stream videos in the background without having to resort to YouTube Premium. It allows users to watch videos in Forced HDR mode, which ups the video quality substantially.
The app also lets users override the maximum resolution that is pre-set by the default settings on the phone or device. Some other great features include options to pinch and zoom the videos while streaming – a rarity that sets it apart from other video streaming apps. YouTube Vanced Apk also supports picture-in-picture mode, swiping controls for brightness and volume, as well as secondary themes.
The app has a PiP mode which launches a pop-up video box that lets you multi-task. So you can now watch videos while doing other things, with the Picture-in-Picture mode. The app also lets users download videos for offline viewing, just like the official YouTube app.
A rare feature that can be seen in the app is the ability to repeat YouTube videos or letting users play videos on the loop. The feature is effortless to use and can be enabled by following a few simple steps.
- Post-installation, open it and click on your profile.
- Then, click on “Settings”.
- In the settings panel, hover over to “Auto Play” and disable the option for “Autoplay next video”.
- After this, return to the settings menu, and click on “Vanced Settings”.
- In the “Vanced Settings” menu, click on “Misc”.
- Turn the toggle button on for “Auto Repeat” and “Auto-Repeat – Background Playback”.
You are all set now; any video that you now stream will be played on a loop continuously. If you think you don’t have much use for the feature right away, you can always disable it by toggling off “Auto Repeat” and “Auto-Repeat – Background Playback” and enabling “Autoplay next video” again.
Recent changes to the app
The recently updated version of YouTube Vanced apk now bears several changes that have made using the app more comfortable.
- The existing version of the app now stands at v15.05.54
- Automatic subtitles have given way to Live Captions.
- Google has completely removed the old mini player.
- The new version also bears all the bug fixes that Google made to YouTube over the past several months.
Although the updated version now makes for a more seamless streaming experience, however, the update also includes several changes that are hard to miss.
- The recently updated version no longer supports the installation of Magisk, as the root installation and Magisk installation are now the same.
- Installation methods for rooted and non-rooted devices have undergone a sea change.
- Users with Xiaomi’s MIUI phones will need to follow a completely different installation procedure for the non-root variant of the app.
How to get YouTube Vanced on your phone?
The installation process for the app has widely changed, and there are several ways to install it as the following guide will explain.
Users with rooted devices can follow these steps
- Use a Magisk module or any similar app to disable the automatic APK verification. Magisk modules work on devices with Android 9 or lower versions.
- If you have an Android 10 device, you may also use Xposed+ CorePatcher.
- Have the SAI (Split APK Installer) app installed and enable root mode.
- Choose the .apk files you wish to download.
- Click on the “Install” option.
For non-rooted devices, users can do the following
- Download a modified version of Google Play Services called MicroG and install it.
- From the Play Store, install the SAI or Split APK Installer app.
Xiaomi users have many options to choose from
- Go to “Developer Options” and deactivate optimization for MIUI. Keep in mind that this may delete all permissions for apps.
- Open the Split APK Installer and make sure that the option for “signed APK” is disabled. Then go ahead with the installation of Vanced in the normal non-root way.
- Install the Shiziku app from the official app and follow all the instructions carefully.
- Go to SAI and enable Shiziku mode.
- Then have YouTube Vanced apk installed on your phone.
There is also a way to install the new Vanced by using ADB.
Download the .apk file for Vanced.
- Make sure you have extracted the .apk file from the ZIP folder.
- Change the name of the file from 05.54_API21(nodpi)(vBlack-v2.1.0)-vanced.apk to YouTube_15.05.54_API21nodpivBlack-v2.1.0-vanced.apk
- Then run this command while you are still connected to the phone.
- Then have MicroG installed manually on your phone.
YouTube Vanced Apk is a wonderful way to navigate the world of video streaming, all on an interface that’s very similar to the parent YouTube app and also with additional features that are free to use.