Hands-free Bluetooth pairing is key to using AirPods with Android devices. Luckily, the process is easy enough that even average users should be able to get it working in just a few minutes.
The biggest challenge you’re likely to run into when attempting to connect your AirPods to an Android device is getting them into hands-free pairing. This requires that you pair them to your phone via Bluetooth, then switch AirPods into “listen-only” mode.
This is a new feature in iOS 10 and up, but the procedure for enabling it on Android isn’t too complicated. Fortunately, once you get through this quick one-time setup process you’ll be ready to listen to music right away with no further action required. You can also enjoy full hands-free capabilities thanks to voice support from both Siri and Google Assistant, which are available on all of Apple’s latest devices.
All of these features make AirPods a fantastic purchase for anyone who regularly uses an iPhone or iPad, but there’s good news for owners of other devices too: they work great on Android as well! Let’s go over what you need to know to connect AirPods to an Android phone.
How do I connect AirPods to my android?
Using Voicetalk Music App (android only)
- Download the app from GooglePlay store: VoiceTalkMusic
- Follow this video tutorial: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gxUHWhqvC5c&t=1s or follow the steps below: Open your Bluetooth settings, click on Available Devices and select Airpods which should show up as “Airpods Speaker” (if it doesn’t show up). It will ask for a pairing code which is 0000. Done! Enjoy your music!
Using Androide Sound Setting App (android only)
- Download the app from GooglePlay Store: Androide Sound Settings
- Click on Bluetooth settings and select your AirPods which should show up as “Airpods Speaker” (if it doesn’t show up). It will ask for a pairing code which is 0000. Done! Enjoy your music!
Using Nexus/Google Play Music App (android only)
- Open Browser and go to this link: APKMirror.com – All the apps listed in these pages are free! Download Androide Sound Settings click here (this app comes with full Audio configuration) or you can download any other 3rd party app that lets you configure the sound. You could also use the Google Play Music app too if you like, but it has limited EQ settings so we recommend using another 3rd party app to configure the sound.
- Open Androide Sound Settings app and tap on the Bluetooth option. It should start scanning for devices, if not then click on the Scan button or just hit “i” to see your device list first.
- Once AirPods is found it will ask you for the pairing code which is 0000 .
- After it’s connected it will show as Connected. Just click on the arrow button at the bottom of the screen and go down to select Airpods as default speaker or headphone (if not already selected)
- Done! Enjoy your music!
If nothing works – reset/remove AirPods from any Bluetooth settings you used before (Android only), turn off Bluetooth, remove Airpods, put them back in the case, turn on Bluetooth, and try again.
Note: If you’re having trouble with AirPods not showing up when pairing or if they keep showing up as “Airpods Speaker”, then go into Bluetooth settings > device preferences > hardware > select AirPods (make sure to click allow for any popups)
There are other ways like using software like the SITI video calls app, but it requires an internet connection so we recommend using Voicetalk Music app or Androide Sound Settings app.
Extra: You could also try iSyncr to sync music playlists from your android phone to your Macbook (and vice versa). This would mean that you can connect AirPods to your computer using the W1 chip and sync music over wifi. This is also an option if you’re stuck in the middle of nowhere with no wifi or cellular connection but still want to use AirPods.
Find more useful tips for Android and iOS on our website redmoonpie.com.