The history of online music streaming platforms can be traced back to almost two decades when in the year 1999, Napster arrived on the scene. It provided enthusiasts to share their music via a peer to peer networks with ease. Since mp3 files are so well compressed, it made it easier to share music via this platform. Thus, Napster started gaining traction in the music community.
However, the journey of Napster was interrupted by various lawsuits that adversely affected the company. The main accusation against it was piracy and illegal music sharing.
SoundCloud mod apk for Android and iOS, the pioneer of online music publishing, on the other hand, has a very different operating model. Similar to Napster and a host of other online music platforms like Spotify, iTunes, Pandora, Mixcloud, Grooveshark, etc. it allows its users to listen to music for both free and subscription services. Get the SoundCloud++, Premium Version with no ads by downloading it from our website.
However, an additional feature of the SoundCloud mod that made it popular in the music community is that users can upload their music on this platform without any cost. Moreover, this music is available to its global users.
SoundCloud MOD App Information:
|App name||SoundCloud Mod|
|Mod Features||SoundCloud++, Premium Version, Free-Ads,|
SoundCloud MOD Features:
- Premium Version
- Free to download
- Totally Safe
- SoundCloud Mod file is very easy to install
- No need to root or jailbreak your device!
Two Swedish musicians Alexander Ljung and Eric Wahlforss launched established SoundCloud in 2007, and it began its operations in 2008 from Berlin, Germany. In the beginning, the goal of the company was to provide a platform for the musicians to collaborate through sharing their works and having discussions. However, later it transformed into a fully-fledged global music streaming and publishing platform. A wired magazine survey revealed how this company emerged as a leading music distribution platform giving Myspace a stern competition.
In April 2009, the company received its first series A funding of 2.5 million euros forms Doughty Hanson Technology Ventures. Soon after this funding, in May 2010 the company announced that they had crossed the one million users mark.
Furthermore, in 2011 Union Square Ventures and Index Ventures invested a further $10 million in the company as a Series B funding. In June 2011, the company announced that it had reached five million registered users. Following this announcement, they receive further financing from popular Hollywood actor Ashton Kutcher and US-based businessman and talent manager Guy Oseary’s A-Grade Fund.
At the beginning of the following year, the company announced that they now have 10 million registered users. Furthermore, in May 2012, they crossed the 15 million users mark, and the site usage touched 1.5 million users every month. At the end of this year, in December 2012 the company rolled out a new APN update.
It improved mobile device support and added features like site navigation, concurrent listening, and creating personal collections. During this time, SoundCloud was reportedly reaching 180 million people every month, and content worth 10 hours was added every minute.
The next phase
In July 2013 the company announced that it had reached 40 million registered users. The following year, they started negotiations with major music companies and record labels regarding publishing content on their platform. This discussion resulted in a further round of funding amounts to $60 million.
This new series of investments pushed the company’s valuation to $700 million. This new valuation and the company’s growing online presence along with its user base, has attracted interest from tech giants like Twitter for future collaborations.
In the fourth quarter of 2017, the company raised another $169.5 million funding from Temasek and Raine group. In 2019 the company reported that they have 175 million regular users every month. In the same year, the company acquired the artist distribution platform Repost network. Recently in January 2020, the company received a further $75 million investment from the Sirius XM network.
SoundCloud mod is one of a kind music streaming and publishing platform. The features on offer are –
- One of the unique features of this platform is that it generates a unique URL for every uploaded music file. This helps users to embed their music files into various social media posts. A file can be easily embedded by clicking the share button.
- Every registered user can listen to unlimited music without any subscription fee. Moreover, they can even upload audio of 180 minutes without any cost.
- It distributes music through widgets and apps. Thus, users can incorporate this widget in their blogs or websites, and every track they upload will be updated here as well.
- Audio tracks played on the website, or the app is depicted graphically as waveforms. Additionally, users can post comments on specific parts of a track that will be displayed during that segment.
- Last but not least, the dashboard displays the activities within the groups and communities they are part of. Users can join groups or create their own and build a network of fellow musicians and connect with their fans all over the world. Additionally, the dropbox facility allows users to collaborate with other musicians.
SoundCloud offers two types of subscriptions, free and premium.
Under a free subscription, users have to download the app or visit the website and perform a free registration to create their ID. Doing so will allow them to listen to unlimited music. However, music under this subscription is not add-free, and users can only 180 minutes of audio.
Under premium subscriptions, the company offers four types of subscription packages.
- Pro: It is a subscription mainly for creators. For $5.25 per month, users can avail 6hrs of upload time along with a host of other features like advanced statistics, advanced embedded controls, access to monetization.
- Pro Unlimited: For $6 per month, individuals can avail benefits like unlimited time of upload, scheduling their releases, and every other feature of the Pro pack. Additionally, users will get access to various DJ tools, distributing music to multiple companies, promoting their music, etc.
- Go: This plan is mainly for listeners, for just $4.99 individuals can enjoy ad-free music. Additionally, they can play their favorite music offline also with this subscription.
- Go+: For $9.99 per month, users can get access to the full database of music along with features like offline music, no ads, no previews, etc.
Download it from our website and you can get all these features for free.
SoundCloud is a game-changer in online music streaming and publishing. Similar to every other company, it also has its ups and downs, but the company has never shifted its focus from expanding the world of music and providing a platform to musicians to showcase their talents.